Let's Move that QAP Bus!
As you settle in the new school year, we would like to take you on the Journey that ExCEL has embarked this year to MOVE THAT QAP BUS!
ExCEL Quality Action Plan (QAP) review journey began in spring 2016. Our office met with stakeholders, reviewed data, and identified the key areas of support we needed to grow and develop as we created the third iteration of the QAP.
- We designed additional tools to support ExCEL Program managers to support their staff in implementing the QAP
- We created more resources for the windows of the bus! For the windows of the bus – Safe and Supportive Culture & Climate, Healthy Active Youth and Aligned Academic Support.
Bus: ExCEL After school Programs
Bridge: Capacity-building support system.
Pillars: Primary partners who contribute to the system: ExCEL, CBO, and School Site.
Waters: Current system challenges that exist in our work
Key Kick Off Events: Summer & Fall 2016
- On June 14th, 2016 we kicked off our journey through an information session with your CBO Directors. At this meeting, we released the details of the ways we were going to launch ExCEL’s system of support.
- On July 19 and 21, 2016 we held the first ever ExCEL’s Program Manager Institute.
- On August 4th, 2016 we had our annual ExCEL August Institute.