Beyond lesson plans, bully proofing, conflict management, discipline and academic achievement, Tribes TLC offers collaborative skills, community agreements, meaningful participation, strategies for integrating curriculum, and professional development in elementary, middle and high school, leadership, afterschool youth development programs and administration. Tribes TLC has been chosen by the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) as one of 22 Select Programs, which is the highest possible rating.
Some key elements of Tribes curricula include:
- Tribe Agreements
- Using “I” Statements/conflict management and resolution
- Cooperative learning
- Social/emotional/physical/cognitive/human development
- Maximizing student’s learning potential
- Creating a safe environment
- The training will use the concept of Multiple Intelligences schema to support learning and resiliency.
For Staff, Tribes training and curricula provide valuable strategies:
- Use and model Tribes strategies for staff meetings and professional development opportunities
- Use “building and learning community” language when developing and talking about staff and program goals
- Implement the Tribes Agreements throughout the program for staff and students
- Model the Agreements in staff communication with each other and students
- Use the Agreements when working with students who have been referred for discipline issues
- Use the assessment kits at the beginning and end of the school year for evaluation and processing